The first Jews appeared in Trzebinia ca. 16th century as travelling merchants. In the 18th century, thanks to the efforts of Antoni Schilhar Trzebiński, who had granted the Jews a right to trade freely in the town, the Jewish settlement developed. The Trzebinia parish was founded in 1815 and covered –apart from the town of Trzebinia itself – Czatkowice, Dębink, Frywałd, Grojec, Krzeszowice, Lgota, Miękinia, Mirów, Młoszowa, Paczółtowice, Psary, Pisary, Rudno, Radwanowice, Rudawa, Sanka, Siedlec, Trzebionka, Żary with Dubie and Żbik. Inthe 19th century, three synagogues were built, inter alia: „Shul” at the Marketsquare and merchant synagogue atul. Piłsudskiego. In the 20s of the 20th century, the number of the Jewswas so significant that almost only the Jewish inhabitants of Trzebinia wereelected mayors. The Jews in Trzebinia dealt mainly with alcohol production andtrade. Before the outbreak of World War II, the Jewish community in Trzebiniahad its synagogues, prayer houses, schools, mikveh, slaughterhouse or various aidorganisations and associations. In 1940 to 1941, a large part of the Jews were displacedto the ghetto in Chrzanów or labour camps in Trzebinia. To this day, in the townthere is the Jewish cemetery with 248 macebas, founded in 1815 and the merchantsynagogue.